Portland Tuna Charters - Tuna Fishing Charters Portland - Victoria - how to book? When Booking your Portland Tuna Fishing Charter simply go to our Book Online Button on the top right-hand side of the page, if you are an Individual or if you would like to book the boat for your Tuna fishing experience it's this simple.
Please ensure to bring along when Tuna Fishing Portland, wet weather gear, gumboots preferred, Food and drink for your days Tuna Fishing, and an esky to keep your catch nice and cold in your vehicle.
All information you will need will be emailed to you when you book your Blue Fin Tuna Fishing Charter online!
You can always go to our FAQs Page if there's anything you need to know.
We look forward to enjoying fishing for Tuna with you in Portland.
Skipper is a comprehensive Master Class 5 and holder of a MED3 certificate meaning we are licensed to travel as far out as 30 nautical miles which are crucial for early season trips.
Tuna fishing season can run from as early as February and keep going right up until October, the main reason we target Blue Fin Tuna from April to September is the Tuna are at their best and most accessible at these times, the Tuna make their way inshore from Port Fairy to the South Australian Border in depths of as shallow as 20 m of water.
We now have the luxury of chasing Southern Blue Fin Tuna in Portland until September every year this means that we can TARGET the Larger Models, when the colder weather sets in and school fish start migrating its time for the Gaint Blue Fin AKA Barrels to start feeding and with Portland being a mecca for these fish we will keep one boat here and fish the Barrel Run so if its the big tuna your after then this is the time to Book your tuna charter in Portland.
Simply Book Online and a deposit of $400 (Book the Boat) or $100 P.P (Individual Tuna Charter) is required to secure your booking. Visa and MasterCard accepted. A deposit will be refunded in the case of cancellation because of inclement weather.
Bluefin Tuna Fishing Charters depart 8 AM daily from Portland Boat Ramp
Check Available Timeslots Online
How do I book a Portland Blue Fin Tuna Charter just click links below
> Book the Boat
Organize a group and book the whole boat
> Individual Charter
Don't want to book the whole boat? Book a spot/s on an Individual Charter
|BOOK THE BOAT||
Monday & Friday
Tuesday to Thursday
|Barrel Charters Book the Boat Only||
7 days a week
Portland Boat Ramp
Lee Breakwater Road, Portland VIC
Important information about your Portland Tuna Fishing Charter departure point we depart from the OLD BOAT RAMP OPPOSITE THE GORDAN HOTEL at 8 AM Daily weather permitting.
Reel Time Fishing Charters Departs from the (OLD BOAT RAMP AT 8 AM) Important information about your Portland Tuna Fishing Charter departure point we depart from the OLD BOAT RAMP OPPOSITE THE GORDAN HOTEL.
Please, remember to bring Wet weather gear & Preferred GumBoots to keep you dry if the weather is Cold & Wet!
• Cancellations due to bad weather you will be contacted 24/48 hrs prior to departure please keep an eye on your email and SMS alerts
• We suggest DO NOT buy your fishing licences until the night before or the morning of the afternoon your fishing in case of last-minute cancellations
• all balances to be paid prior to departure if using a card, cash is welcome on the day
• To add or remove passengers please send us an email at least 2 days prior to departure to confirm if your passenger count has changed
• For any information required for your outing email firstname.lastname@example.org
• email is your only point of contact as we are on the water 7 days a week phone and text will not get reached
• If your charter is cancelled due to weather and you can not rebook with the voucher attached simply reply refund please and the office will refund the card that your booking was paid with.
• Ensure you have a current Fishing Licence before you enter into any form of fishing in Melbourne
Link to Buy Licence is here - Buy your fishing licence here now
• We recommend if you have never been boating or you are unsure about seasickness, to please take precaution meaning - do not drink heavily the night before, do not drink milk, take a seasick tablet the night before and prior to departure as per advice from Chemist and continue to have them while on board if you feel seasick
• Paying your Balance Online here
simply enter your Reference number and pay your balance you will be sent an Invoice/Receipt automatically
• Thanks and will see you soon and enquires please email us or go to FAQs
• We supply all fishing tackle and Bait just bring food and drink onboard keep it light.
• We also have storage for your fish and supply bags to carry it home, leave your fish box in the car.
• We do not answer the phone at 5 am so I ensure that you have read your information correctly the night before.
• We run lots of charters every day and will arrive at the exact time of departure.
All Bait, Tackle and top of the range Rods & Reels supplied. Safety equipment above and beyond maritime security standards with life jackets, flares, first aid, radios, and full LED lighting. Private, plumbed toilet on board. Your catch cleaned & filleted.
Food, drink and a current Victorian Recreational Fishing Licence. A hat, warm weatherproof clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses, camera, motion sickness tablets, and cool box to take fish home are recommended.
The Victorian Government requires all anglers, including clients on fishing charter vessels, to be in possession of a current Victorian Recreational Fishing Licence
Gift Vouchers for Fathers Day, Christmas, Birthdays, give your Loved one a Fishing Charter Gift that they will enjoy a day fishing on Victoria's Best Fishing Charter.
Vouchers can be purchased for ANY amount as they are treated as a credit and can be used as payment towards ANY charter. They choose the date and what fish they want to target and all you do is decide how much to spend! There is NO expiry date and the voucher is emailed to you immediately.
To Purchase a Gift Voucher Click here
Taxis of Portland
1300 55 66 94
Fly to Portland! Portland airport 4km from the boat ramp
1300 867 839
Air charter from Melbourne to Portland in an hour!
63 Bentinck St, Portland, Victoria (03) 5523 1121
pub & entertainment 0.5km from boat ramp
Portland Holiday Booking Services
0438 135 212
Portland's accommodation specialists - Local knowledge and personalized service
Quest Apartments Portland
66 Julia St, Portland, Victoria (03) 5500 9222
accommodation 400m from the boat ramp
Richmond Henty Hotel
101 Bentinck St, Portland, Victoria (03) 5523 1032
pub & accommodation across the road from the boat ramp
Portland Bay Holiday Park
184 Bentinck St, Portland, Victoria 1800 751 179
accommodation 1km from the boat ramp
Henty Bay Beachfront Van & Cabin Park
342 Dutton Way, Portland, Victoria (03) 5523 3716
accommodation 7km from the boat ramp
Melaleuca Motel Portland
23 Bentinck St, Portland Victoria (03) 5523 3397
accommodation 450m from the boat ramp